Friday, September 28, 2007

Comfort Yarn

I don't think I have mentioned it before, but my job is being outsourced, and to add insult to injury, we have to train our replacements. Yes, I could just up and quit, but I get paid more than the going wage in these parts, plus the benefits are great, plus I am this close to having enough pension years to retire early. Also, I was optimistic about finding another position within the company.

Well, so far, each of the positions to which I thought I could segue has not panned out. The latest disappointment was delivered last Monday. I was NOT a happy camper. I usually knit over my lunch hour, and Monday was no different, but this day I turned my back on my coworkers and huddled in the back corner of my open-faced cubicle and knit furiously with long, sharp, metal sticks. My body language screamed, "LEAVE ME ALONE OR YOU WILL DIE BY THE NEEDLE!"

And then I did what any knitter in need of comfort would do: enhance the stash. Except it doesn't count as stash yarn if it is sock yarn, does it?



These were purchased (on sale!) from Simply Socks. I have never tried Cherry Tree Hill yarn before. The yarn itself looks unusual, almost like cord, but it is 100% merino fingering weight supersock. The colors are "Bark" - "Hot Pink" - "Purple" - "Burgandy". (P.S. Read a review of this yarn here.)

Now that I am fully stocked with sock yarn, I feel ready for winter. Maybe there is a relationship between sock yarn purchases and winter weather, like with woolly bear caterpillars. If so, we are in for a wild one!

1 comment:

Qutecowgirl said...

Cherry Tree Hill is great sock yarn. I love it. It is what I used for Hubby's socks from HE...



I am sending good thoughts for you.