Sunday, September 30, 2007

One Ending Leads to a New Beginning

Once I decided to use the second skein of Schaefer Yarn for socks, I had to hide it while I finished these legwarmers, as I did not want to have two sock projects going at the same time (one of my attempts to limit the number of UFOs cluttering my coffee table).



They have a shape because, in an attempt to gently stretch the fit a bit, I blocked them on sock blockers. They are still snug on me, but I have big feet and big calves and they are not for me, anyway. Hopefully, my daughter will find them acceptable.

So, now I was free to start the socks. I wished these photos better showed the subtle shades of "Clara Barton". I'm color-challenged, but to me they look like three different shades of cherry.



I'm experimenting with a new sock-knitting strategy: knitting two at the same time. I'm using a Schaefer Yarn pattern that arrived with my order, which sports this lovely textured ribbing.



Oh, and the final photo of the baby kimono:



I went with buttons instead of ribbon for the closure. The fabric seems kind of stiff for a baby garment, but maybe after a washing or two, it will soften up.

No comments: