Saturday, September 01, 2007

I Like Lace

I am really enjoying knitting my lace shawl. The stitch pattern is not super-complex but is interesting enough to be fun. Knitting this hat was fun, too, so I may incorporate more lace into my projects. Lace requires a certain amount of focus, though, so I don't anticipate knitting it in public. Just as well, because I place markers at pattern repeats and when a three-stitch decrease crosses a marker, my technique for marker-handling involves gently lifting the marker off the needle with my lips. How come human beings didn't evolve to have a third hand? Sure would come in handy!

Pink heather sock #1 is done. One bad thing about knitting socks in worsted weight yarn is the laddering between needles is more pronounced than with sock weight. I experimented with a variety of recommended solutions and settled on rotating the sock on the needles as I knit. An added bonus of this method is that it is easier to keep count of rows. A disadvantage is it is a bit awkward. But it was the only method that worked consistantly for me.

1 comment:

Qutecowgirl said...

Welcome to the lace addiction =).