Saturday, September 15, 2007

Who Shrunk My Pants?!?

A funny (funny-peculiar, not funny-haha) thing happened over the summer: my cool-weather pants shrunk! I know I gained a few (okay - five) pounds since last spring, but since my daughter and I have been power walking, I assumed the added weight was muscle. Apparently not. Something funny (definitely NOT funny-haha) happens when a woman reaches menopause - excess weight shifts from one's arms and legs to one's torso. Actually, a lot of not-very-funny-haha things happen at menopause, but if we don't laugh at them, we'd be crying. I prefer laugh lines over puffy eyes.

Another thing happens as one ages: one's friends become grandmothers. I've come to think of the bib-and-burp-rag combos as "grandmother sets". They are a small but personal gift for those expectant grandmas.



Isn't it interesting how the colorway looks completely different on each piece? I used Lion Brand Cotton in "Sherbert Swirl" and the pattern is from Mason-Dixon Knitting. I tortured the patterns my first time but this time stuck close to the directions except for dropping the needle size one notch. For the record, I do not like their recommended buttonhole method, but otherwise had no problems. One 4-oz. ball is enough for one bib and one burp rag.

No comments: