Sunday, January 06, 2008

Change o' Plans

I decided that although the Monkey in Birches socks fit me, they fit my daughter better. So they are hers now. I plan to make myself a pair, a little larger, in "Serengeti". On the Knitty forum I found suggestions on how to alter the pattern for larger feet, so that should not be a problem.

Here is a recap of the details:

Pattern: Monkey from Knitty
Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in "Birches"
Needles: US1

The socks, completed but unblocked:



Ordinarily, I don't bother blocking socks, but I wanted to try to capture the stitchwork, so here they are blocked:



Unfortunately, my camera and/or photography skills do not do justice to the beauty of these socks, even with a close-up:



Here they are, in situ:



As I mentioned in yesterday's post, there is a new scarf. I needed a break from the red-red-red sweater, so I whipped up this scarf for my SO.



Again, the beauty does not show through. Details are:

Pattern: Pine Cone Scarf from Knitting Daily
Yarn: Di.Ve Autunno in "Navajo" (very soft and cuddly!)
Needles: US11
Size: About 5" x 60" (without fringe)

Re my attempt to join the knitting blog ring, I apparently fell through the cracks as the links don't work yet. I'm not the only one, so maybe sometime in the future I will be an official member.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your link to "you know what else" needs changed as well. She has converted to wordpress as well.

LizzieK8 said...

Fantastic the way the pattern broke up the colors in the yarn. Lots of action on them!