Monday, January 07, 2008

A Plethora of Yarn Stores

Okay, maybe not a plethora. But I haven't yet visited Knitting Off Broadway when I received an invite to the grand opening of Sarah Jane's Yarn Shoppe. Since I was in the neighborhood, I scoped out their location on Sunday. Located in a strip mall, they won't have to worry about parking. There is a dance studio in the same strip mall; I wonder if they will offer classes to the moms while they wait on their daughters.

My own personal yarn store is already proving its usefulness. The red-red-red sweater is too big and bulky to be portable and I'm a little tired of the Blue Lagoon and I am taking a short break from socks, so I was fishing about for something new to work on. Testing the personal yarn store concept, I wandered into my Home Office and voila! There was the yarn and pattern for the Math Geek scarf from the 2007 Knitting Pattern a Day Calendar. Perfect!

But it is almost too hot to knit, at least with wool. It is not unusual for us to have a January thaw, but 60+ degrees is ridiculous.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

your birch socks are lovely :) And I totally know what you mean about a sweater being too big to be portable LOL - thanks for popping by and checking out my CPH - glad you liked the modifications :) I always enjoy tweaking a pattern! Happy New Year!