Saturday, January 19, 2008

I Feel Pretty (and Pretty Left Out)

In case you haven't noticed or you are new here, I updated the look of my blog. I maintain a blog for a local non-profit, and in the process of setting that one up, I was exposed to the new customizable Blogger, which is much easier to work with than raw html. Also, while I am not going to post a "101 Things in 1001 Days" list, I do have some lists I want to use, to help me keep track of what I plan to knit this year. This new style should be more helpful for that as well.

Meanwhile, despite my bad group karma, I continue to try to join knitting blog rings. I have received email and html from two, but have yet to be accepted in either. I know I'm odd, but c'mon! It's just knitting!

The red-red-red sweater is nearing completion. I worked the increase rows for the snoody neck and tried it on - perfect! Now I just need to make the neck longer. I'm not convinced I will like the end result, but if not, I will shorten it to a length I do like. That's the great thing about yarn: if you don't like what you knit, frog it!

It is extremely cold this weekend, so in anticipation of the dropping temps, I knit the dog a sweater, out of yarn left over from Sean's scarf. Poor Betsy has been less than enthusiastic about her fittings, just can't understand why I keep bothering her with this small blanket of yarn.



I'm still fiddling with the size, so it's not quite done.

3 comments:

Qutecowgirl said...

ooooo ahhhh very pretty.

I know what you mean by left out. I try to join knit nights and such and I feel like I am the 3rd wheel most of the time.

I do not think you are odd at all.

=)

Anonymous said...

Hey, you're in... You're on The Knitting Path! Welcome aboard. Love your cutie doggie and sweater.

bittenbyknittin said...

Yay! Not so left out after all!