Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Always Late

Lately I feel like I am always running a bit behind schedule. Trying to do too much, I guess. Occasionally, I think, Well, if I stopped knitting so much or at least cut back a little, I'd have more time. But not really. Sometimes I dive into a knitting orgy, but usually I knit in the holes of the day.

Which is when I knit up this mitt.



I started out with a pattern from Erica Knight's new Classic Knits for the Home, but I used cotton instead of hemp, in worsted weight instead of DK, double moss stitch instead of stockinette, an I-cord loop instead of leather, and then I did that funny thing with garter and stockinette at the opening. It doesn't resemble the original, but it was fun to play around with it.



I think we would all play more with our knitting if we had the time. Oops! Gotta get ready to go to work.

No comments: