Sunday, April 06, 2008

Adopt a Sheep in Indiana

A while back I mentioned an adopt-a-sheep program in Iceland. Little did I know that one may adopt-a-sheep right here in Indiana. I was perusing the vendor list for the Fiber Event at Greencastle and decided to check out Schacht Farm and voila - Icelandic sheep for adoption!

The sun finally made an appearance, so I was able to recover from my Kidsilk Haze error - a dropped stitch, I'm amazed I found it - but the pattern is so complex - decreasing in pattern in 3x2 ribbing - that I think I need a spreadsheet to keep track of where I am. And I thought the sleeves would be easier than the body of this lacy top.

The pinwheel sweater is to the point where I need to take it off the needles and see how it fits across my shoulders. The biggest problem with this pattern is that the rounds keep getting longer and longer and longer, and I have just started color 4 out of 7. I wanted something BIG to work on, and I got it.

The green socks are ready for heel turning. I like to work on them over lunch. Right now they are the only portable project I have going. Maybe I need to get started on the Sea Silk scarf.... No, no, finish the baby burp rag first. So many projects, so little time!

1 comment:

sherriknits said...

A friend gave me some tubing that makes it easy to take something off the needles and try it out.
http://www.machineknittingtodyefor.com/knittingdyeingsupplieslink.html

Incredibly helpful and well worth ordering.