Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Cautiously Optimistic

Betsy appears to be responding to the antibiotics and new pain meds. The swelling of the lymph nodes on the backs of her knees has gone down some, she is getting around a bit better, and she is displaying some of her old self. I'm hopeful.

I did a little Internet research on lymphoma in dogs and discovered that chemo, when it works, extends their lives only 12 to 14 months. I think Dr. B is the kind of vet who will spare no effort, while Dr. M takes into consideration the cost effectiveness of a treatment. ACL surgery can make a dog as good as new, while with chemo you are just buying time. We shall see.

Meanwhile, the arms are back on Sitcom Chic. Since I am reknitting the yoke, I am trying out the SSK "Improved" as described on Knitting Help, to see what the difference is.

Elbac has been neglected for about two weeks, but tomorrow we have a "lunch and learn" session which should allow me to make some progress.

No comments: