Friday, November 28, 2008

Idle Hands

Last night I was too tired to knit (hard to believe but it was true), so I decided to check the stash for xmas potential. Specifically, I was looking for some manly sock yarn. Two possible candidates were all I could find, so I wound them into balls while listening to the final chapters of The Amber Spyglass.



The one on the left is Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in "Serengeti" but I would call it "Muted Fall Foliage". The one on the right is "Coffee Pot Rock" from Sprightly Goods, which I thought would look more like coffee not coffee pot, let alone rock (one of the downsides of buying yarn online). The latter is unassigned, but the Serengeti is destined to become a pair of Monkey socks. Hmmm. No xmas potential here - besides, it's getting late so I'd better make those socks from DK.

Now, a smart knitter would have put that yarn away. And I truly did try to ignore it. I even tried to start a little something with Kidsilk Haze, but came to the conclusion that I need some lace Addis for that. I even went to bed, figuring tomorrow is a new day. And yes, today was a new day, a beautiful day, the perfect day to start those Monkey socks.



My only defense is I am trying to save gas by combining car trips, so I couldn't go to the LYS until Saturday, after yoga, to find some DK or Addis. And this is a little reward for having not one, not two, but three FO's ready to block. Whoo! I think I deserve a little quality sock time when not eating Tday leftovers.



Betsy, aka Roomba, says, "Make me a plate, too!"

No comments: