Saturday, February 08, 2020

I can walk! (sort of)

I no longer use the cane, even when out and about. Huzzah! There is still a bit of a hobble in my gait sometimes, but in general, I am doing better. I turned my dining room table into an exercise table - added the leaf and covered it with yoga mats - so I can do a few more exercises and some gentle stretching without getting down on the floor. I also can lay flat (savasana or corpse pose, for you yoginis out there) to open the SI joint in my hips. Ahhh!

Knitting: I actually finished the Veronika cardigan, mattress stitching the few inches that make this garment a sweater instead of a wrap (separate blog post to follow). It turned out fine... but I don't like how it looks on me. This happens all the time.
Needle felting: I'm adding a tree to the fairy house.
Spinning: Still working on the Shetland. I am also experimenting with cable plying commercial yarn AGAIN (results of previous attempts posted here and here). I'll post about that later, too.
Weaving: Still working on the tote bag. The warp is getting tighter and tighter.

This past week I had a "blue" day, where I didn't do much except sit around and think about Life in general and my life in particular. I think finishing and not liking Veronika brought it on. One conclusion I arrived at is that I like to experiment with fiber. I think that is what draws me to dyeing yarn with natural materials - the result is almost always a surprise - and trying things like plying commercial yarn. Whether I actually create a finish product from my experiments is moot... unless that is also part of the experiment. I am going to keep this insight in mind going forward, in order to stay motivated.

No comments: