Sunday, February 16, 2020

Sad news

Despite my warnings, granddaughter left Dill on the couch and one of their dogs chewed it up. I haven't seen poor Dill in person yet, but from the pic daughter texted to me, it looks like most of the damage is to the top layer, not the core. I told them to save all the loose fiber - it can be reused. If I can repair Dill, I think he will come live with me, at least until granddaughter becomes more needle felting worthy.

Knitting: The program at last Tuesday's spinning guild meeting was how to waterproof one's knitting using OdiCoat. I applied it to the bottom of the L-Bag.
Needle felting: Work continues on the fairy house. I have been felting leaves for the tree.
Spinning: Still working on the Shetland, although I am having second thoughts about using it for the Main Squeeze cardigan. Maybe I am getting cold feet after the Veronika cardigan. (BTW, my SO claims the color looks *fine* on me but agrees that the style is not my style.)

Someone contacted me on Ravelry about purchasing some yarn in my stash. When I dug out said yarn, I (re)discovered a sweater I had knit from that yarn ages ago. The sweater was never completed - knitting done but not the construction - plus it wouldn't fit me now anyway. I think the yarn could make a nice area rug for my bedroom, so I have been completely undoing the sweater. Of course, the yarn is kinky from being knitted up. Today I tried de-kinking some using a handheld steamer. It worked pretty well.

No comments: