Thursday, June 17, 2021

Looped

I ran across four almost-finished washcloths last week while scrounging around in the studio. My brain has no memory of this project, but I had left a brief entry in Ravelry after starting the project, in November, 2016. Slowly, bits and pieces came back to me: I think the inspiration for this bit of weaving came from a program at a weavers guild meeting. Otherwise, BLANK.


Weave structure: looped pile as described for Looped-Pile Washcloths in Inventive Weaving on a Little Loom
Loom: Ashford rigid heddle, 24" maybe?
Yarn: Pisgah Yarn and Dyeing Co., Sugar n Creme Ombres, in 'Spring Meadows'
EPI/PPI: 7.5/7.5
Size after hemming and washing: 8" long, 7.75" wide


The pic above I believe reflects the original pattern: a looped row followed by three plain weave rows. The one below places the looped pile rows closer together.


The pattern invited the reader to experiment with the looped stitches. Below is a heart.


I'm not sure what I was attempting with this design.


When I found these washcloths, the ends had been machine stitched. After the shrinkage debacle on the recent dishcloths, I decided to send these through the laundry before the final hemming, which proved to be successful. As I become more confident in finishing techniques, I hope to tackle more of the weaving UFOs that are laying around.

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

They are so beautiful, glad you found them and gave them a proper finish so now they can be used with love.