Sunday, June 13, 2021

Out and about

Decatur (Indiana) has an annual sculpture tour. Each year about this time, new scuptures replace the ones on display from the previous year. Friday night was the unveiling, plus music and food trucks. A fiber friend of mine and her husband have a studio/gallery in downtown Decatur. They hosted an open house this weekend, which my SO and I decided to attend. We did not go Friday night - besides the crowds, it was really HOT. Saturday was not much better temperature-wise, but no crowds, so we actually were able to talk with the artists. Of course, I was mainly interested in the weaving, but my SO (a photographer) is interested in painting. Jovan is 72, never painted a stroke until four years ago, but he has quite a body of work already. It's never too late!

Spinning: Still slogging away at the red Tunis. *sigh*
Weaving: While looking for something, I ran across a set of four "loopy" dishcloths that were complete except for being hemmed. Initially, I had not idea where they came from, but fortunately had left a brief mention of them in Ravelry at the start. I washed them yesterday and have started to hem them.

I'm typing this on the deck. The heat has abated and we are looking forward to highs in the 80's and 70's as the week progresses. As I've said before, fiber takes a backseat to yardening this time of year, and that is okay.

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

Such a fun weekend with such inspiration to see. Good luck to you both on your projects.