Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Water, Water Everywhere

They don't call this city Fort Rain for nothin'. And now the rain is getting into my house. I'm used to it seeping over the sill of the Florida room (which is basically just an enclosed patio), but tonight I noticed it dripping down the brickwork of my fireplace. I'm afraid to look in the crawl space. *sigh* The joys of home ownership are greatly exaggerated. IMHO.

Once I got started on the falling leaves shawl last Sunday, I just could not stop. Until today, that is, when I finished the knitting. No mean task, either, as I used a picot bind off. Following the instructions I found at knitty, each picot involved 14 moves, which was still much simpler than the instructions in Vogue Knitting. Now all I need to do is weave in ends and graft the corners and figure out how in the world I can block Plymouth Encore, which is a wool-acrylic blend. Maybe a little starch will help?

And I have been playing in Ravelry, entering a few projects and yarns and books, adding a few friends, joining a few groups, etc. I am trying to work out in my mind how I am going to blend blogging with Ravelrying, as they seem to overlap. It is almost like having two bank accounts and trying to keep track of which one is for what. Maybe once Ravelry is open to the public, it will all fall into place.

Oh! I almost forgot - Knitting Off Broadway has a website now.

(Is anyone else having trouble activating the spell checker in Blogger? Pleeze excuse any speling errrors you may find!)

No comments: