Tuesday, February 12, 2008

What an Ordeal

Tonight I decided to try entering a project into Ravelry and link in my Flickr photos. The linking worked just fine, but entering the project was something else, because there were six colors of the same yarn and, being the anal compulsive that I am, I entered them all, one at a time. Then Ravelry didn't have the pattern, so I tried to add it, which involved entering a link, but Lion Brand "forgot" who I was, so I could not get to the pattern. Then I kept clicking on something on the Ravelry page that would take me back to the beginning of the project entry and lose my data. And I had to find the blog entry, too. It just seemed like 'way too much work. But if you don't enter all the details, then Ravelry can't do it's linking thing, which is the whole point, isn't it? I don't know - I'm feeling like a Luddite tonight.

And I feel like I am getting behind on blogging, because I have an FO that I have yet to photograph, let alone post, and I started a pair of Maine Morning Mitts, and I have the tops of the Jaywalkers done. But tonight I had snow to shovel and yoga class to attend and dishes to wash, and now it is time to feed the bunny and take the dog out for one last pee before bed. The days are just packed! Who has time for Ravelry?

3 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

Yes, I find the Ravelry project entering to be a bit challenging. I keep thinking it's me - so you've given me hope.

Anonymous said...

I love ravelry, but I find that I post more knitting stuff there than on my blog.

Qutecowgirl said...

I have not posted many of my past FO's. I started with the ones that I started after I got in. Same goes for my stash.

It does go faster after a while (a little) =)

Stay warm out there!!