Friday, May 23, 2008

Holiday Weekend Fantasy

This weekend may not be the best time to go to Indianapolis, but we be going anyway. Not to the Indy 500* but to the Indiana State Museum which has two displays I want to see: "Quilting Blocks and Binding Threads" and "Radical Lace and Subversive Knitting". And then we plan to stop at the Knit Stop (rhymes with "pit stop" - get it?) and maybe lunch at P.F. Chang's. Not a bad start to this three-day weekend.

In my fantasy world, I will be wearing the Sea Silk scarf (part of the fantasy is that it will be done - adding the fringe is turning into a long, slow process)...



... and while in Indy, we will run into Karen Allen (with or without Indiana Jones), and she will notice the scarf and strike up a conversation, which will result in an open invitation to drop by her fiber studio the next time I am in Massachusetts. Oh, yeah.

In real life, I will probably be working on the latest baby bib in the car...



... loving the indigo color. I bought only two skeins of this Rowan Denim while at Ewetopia, so I am hoping to find a third at the Knit Stop.

And (*sigh*) more yarn arrived today. I think I am turning into a sweater-and-sock girl, which means not only does sock yarn not count as stash, sweater yarn doesn't, either. Right?



At least, when you finish a sweater, you have made a serious dent in the fiber pile. The problem is finishing one before starting another. There are two boxes of sweater yarn sitting next to the Pinwheel sweater, which is almost done: 1.25 sleeves left to go.

Hope your Memorial Day weekend is a good one!

* Mike Royko once described Indiana as one day of racing and 364 days of bowling.

No comments: