Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I've Been Memed

Qutecowgirl meme'd me. The so-called rules suggest I meme five others, but I'm going to leave that up to YOU. If you want to meme, knock yourself out.

If you think meme'ing is fun, you should try what Sheri is doing. Someone challenged her to write one hundred things about herself. I think I will save that idea for November, which is NaBloPoMo.

1. What was I doing ten years ago?

I was in my first year of employment where I still am today, in IT. I came from engineering services and thought I knew a little something about software, but the IT world is very different from engineering (less rigorous and more complex in an unnecessary way). I felt frustrated and stupid and ended most days near tears. And my children were teenagers! NOT a good time.

2. What are five things on my to-do list today?

Buy one-cent stamps so I can pay the neighborhood association bills (I'm the treasurer); knit 2 inches on the Big Bad Baby Blanket and 10 rounds on the Pinwheel Sweater; clean the toilet and unstop the sink in my bathroom; look for garden stuff at Home Depot and Lowe's; find out if my lawn mower has been fixed yet.

3. What snacks do I enjoy?

Popcorn, popcorn, and popcorn. And potato chips and salted nuts.

4. Where have I lived?

Ohio (suburban), Illinois (suburban), Massachusetts (industrial), Indiana (first rural, now suburban). I prefer the Midwest.

5. What things would I do if I were a billionaire?

Quit my job. Develop a hobby farm (with lots of fiber animals!) Buy up green space. Plant trees. Give more to organizations like Heifer that promote self-sufficiency.

**********

Have you noticed that when you buy new yarn, it somehow migrates to parts of the house where you are bound to see it every day? And every time you see it, you want to pick it up? And every time you pick it up, you want to knit it? So it is not entirely my fault that I cast on another baby bib, in the Rowan Denim. The pattern suggests several cotton yarns, including this one, but the instructions state to knit the bib longer if using Rowan Denim. I always wondered about that, and now I know: denim yarn shrinks in length. Nancy shows us how much. Huh. Whodathunk?

No comments: