Sunday, May 10, 2020

Fit to be bit

I might have accomplished more this week if I hadn't spent several DAYS trying to get my new Fitbit Charge 4 up and running. My daughter had asked for one for her birthday, as a replacement for her old model which was cracked, and my SO also has a birthday coming up and had sent his old Fitbit One through the wash, and hey, if I'm going to order two, I might as well get myself one, to replace my old One model. They were both able to get theirs going with NO problems, using their newer-than-mine phones. My Android OS was too old and the setup wouldn't finish successfully from the Fitbit app running on my laptop. Only after multiple attempts and a little bit of fiddling was I able to get it set up from my tablet. Whew! As a former IT person, I think I should be able to figure these things out, but the manufacturers of electronic devices do not always make it easy.

Knitting: I am about halfway up the leg to the cuff on the Ivy socks. As pretty as the colorway is, I'm getting a bit tired of this project.
Spinning: I finished the navy merino and am about halfway through the orange. Hopefully, by next weekend, I will be plying.
Weaving: I finished the online weaving class I am taking, I guess. The final "lesson" is to provide pix of practice pieces. I finished one last week, finished a second yesterday (separate post to follow).

I broke down and subscribed to CBS All Access, so I can watch The Good Fight and Picard. I'm really enjoying the former, am holding off on the latter until I can catch up on some of the old Star Trek movies. I think the last one I saw was The Wrath of Khan, where Spock dies. Imagine my surprise when he showed up on The Next Generation. Apparently, the next movie in the series resurrects him somehow. Part of the fun of watching a series in a franchise is seeing older characters pop up in newer shows. Bringing Picard back is pure genius. I know - I'm a geek. ;-)

No comments: