Saturday, January 15, 2022

Fresh blood

Last week's spinning guild meeting was MC'd by one of the new (younger!) co-presidents. She has a background in theater and it showed in how she handled the mic and "interviewed" each of us as we told two truths and a lie, to see how well we know each other. MUCH different than the usual somewhat stodgy energy level. And we already have some new members, which is wonderful since we seem to have lost a few over the past two years. The next meeting is going to feature endangered sheep breeds and we'll have guest speakers and roving to play with. Fun stuff!

Knitting: I finished the Habitation throw - huzzah! Still plugging away on the infinity scarf.

Pre-blocking

Weaving: Since my samples from last week didn't turn out very well, I decided to make some "real" ones on the SampleIt loom. I warped and so far have practiced some Leno stitch.

This photo is actually upside down

One of my spinning pals has taken up weaving and cranked out three scarves in about a month. It has served as a bit of a kick in the pants for me, as I *think* about weaving but don't seem to produce much. To help with my motivation, I purchased a planner where I jot down what artsy fartsy thing I accomplish each day. It may be just a bit of knitting or some weaving or even some pottery. I hate seeing a blank space, so I am determined to do *something* each day.

No comments: