Sunday, January 30, 2022

Wool weather

We have had some sub-zero temperatures lately, perfect for enjoying wool handknits. Right now I am sitting in the sunny den, under a wool knitted afghan, wearing handknit wool socks and the infinity scarf. Needless to say, I feel toasty.

Knitting: The aforementioned infinity scarf is finished. I continue to forge ahead on the latest Habitation throw.
Weaving: I finished the sampler on the SampleIt loom; doup leno, which is supposed to be a time and labor saver, turned out to be more work than it is worth. I warped my 24" Ashford rigid heddle loom, but discovered that my largest temple is one inch too short when maxing out the loom width. So I ordered another one from The Woolery.


Having a planner to keep track of my fiber activity has been paying off - I do something fiber related every day. I also list an UFO or two, to finish, as I seem to have a lot of them lying about. I've been reading Hooked, by Sutton Foster (an actress who crafts). In the book, she mentions journaling, but the journals she describes are nearly scrapbooks. I'm wondering if I should add yarn samples and photos to my planner. I keep track of project details in Ravelry and here in my blog; do I want to add a third method of documentation?

No comments: