Thursday, January 20, 2022

Habitation Throw

What a great way to use up all those bits and bobs of fingering weight yarn! Knit on the diagonal, it includes i-cord edging that is created as you go, and the yarns are joined using the "magic knot" method, so at the end, all you need to do is block. I inadvertently used a larger-than-called-for needle; the result is airy and stretchy, just right to wear as a shawl or to use as a summer lap blanket.

Pattern: Habitation Throw, by Helen Stewart
Yarn: Leftover sock yarn in greens and browns (mostly)
Needle: US9
Modifications: Knit in two halves and grafted together

My goal was to use up as much yarn as possible, so I knit this blanket in two halves, then grafted them together. The result is much larger than I expected; blocking required the use of my queen-sized bed. Believe it or not, I have *more* leftover sock yarn, so I plan to knit another one of these, in (mostly) primary colors, on the correct size needle.

1 comment:

ErinFromIowa said...

Yowsa! I am so impressed! That's a lot of teeny tiny knitting!👏💯👍