Thursday, January 22, 2009

Monogomous knitting

Just a quick check-in, to let ya'll know I am still alive. I have been working steadily on February Lady, but it has been a two-steps-forward-one-step-back kind of progress. I thought once the yoke was complete, it would be smooth sailing for a while, but those darn YO's have a habit of disappearing. At least, with the sleeve holes off the needles, my 29" circs are doing the job just fine.

I am giving up on Charlene Schurch's toe-up socks - I just can't get the short-row toes to look decent. So I am going to try the Magic Cast-On.

While cleaning up the room-formerly-known-as-my-office-but-dubbed-The-Monstrosity-by-my-son, I came across the pieces of the long neglected Minimalist Cardigan. I think one or both LYS's offer a finishing class, so if I can't figure out how to seam this thing together, I will turn to the experts.

And then I will knit only seamless sweaters:



Yes, all of these sweaters are rumored to be seamless. I have the book on hold at the local library, so we shall see. Oui, oui!

1 comment:

Shea said...

I much prefer the magic cast on. Much simpler (to me anyway.) :)