Saturday, January 03, 2009

The First FOs of 2009

During xmas week of 2008, for some strange reason, I panicked over the remote possibility that I would need an extra, last minute xmas gift, and it would not exist. So I cast on a quickie, a four-inch wide ribbed headband in Cascade 220.



And then it sat on the coffee table, waiting for the ends to be woven in, until the new year.

As did the following.



I knit this while on vacation this past summer, out of cotton, while playing with Mason-Dixon's log cabin patterns. I didn't know what it would become, but now I am declaring it a non-reversible dishcloth.

Tropical Treat is another latecomer, started god-knows-when, but finally finished.



Pattern: Lion Brand Tropical Treat Baby Blanket
Yarn: Lion Brand Babysoft (Pastel Blue and Bubblegum) and Microspun (Lime and Mango)
Needles: US 10
Modifications: None

I'm experiencing a spurt of finishitis, so maybe some more items will migrate from the UFO basket to the finishing line in 2009.

No comments: