Sunday, January 04, 2009

Not what I expected

A while ago, I knit a pair of Monkey socks, in CTH "Birches". They were too small for me, so I gave them to my daughter. I planned to knit another pair, a slightly larger pair, in CTH "Serengeti" for myself at a later date.

To be brief, I'm not liking the results. The colorway looked great as a hank...



... still good when wound into a center-pull ball...



... but after knitting? Ick.



I thought maybe it was just me, but my daughter, aka my color consultant, concurred.



The library has Knitting Socks with Handpainted Yarn on order, so I am going to free this yarn from Monkey in hopes it will work better with a pattern from this book.

1 comment:

Toni said...

I'm with you. And I love variegated yarns--especially sock yarns--but I have the darnedest time finding ways to use them!