Monday, January 26, 2009

Knit night etiquette

I am contemplating attending "knit night" at one of the local LYS's, but I'm a little embarrassed that I will in all likelihood be knitting with a yarn purchased elsewhere, a yarn that could not possibly have been found on any LYS shelves. My question is, Is this acceptable?

I could remove the ball bands and hope no one asks about the yarn beyond its fiber content. I could say I bought it long ago, before the LYS was in business (and this may even be true). I could out and out lie and state I don't remember where or when I bought the yarn or declare it was a gift. But I will probably be honest and say I bought it online and on sale, and see what the reaction is. At one LYS, I doubt this will cause any discomfort, but at the other, a small nuclear explosion may occur. Hmm. That might be fun to watch. Heh.

Has anyone else had this problem? What did you do?

1 comment:

Michele said...

I almost never have a driver stop for me even at cross walks here in Boston...they earned their name: Massholes :)