Sunday, October 23, 2022

Lost, not found

The weather is gorgeous today, but earlier this week it was cold enough I wore this scarf. Unfortunately, while walking the mall, I dropped it somewhere. I was too tired to rewalk the mall in search of it, but I did return several days later to check their lost and found. (I didn't want the scarf to think I had abandoned it.) Alas, no luck. I hope it found a new home and did not wind up in the trash.

Knitting: Finished the second seed stitch dishcloth, mainly because I wanted to start something new without it hanging over my head. The new thing is another 'Graham' slouchy hat which my daughter and granddaughter favor, this one in pink.
Spinning: A weaving friend requested some handspun for a project she is working on. This first required spinning, plying, and clearing two bobbins of Shetland that had been sitting around for several months. Now I am spinning some yellow Corriedale as thin as my wheel and I can go; it is taking a *really* long time to spin.
Weaving: Finished twisting the fringe on the blanket/shawl/table runner, and fulled the two pieces; separate post to follow.

Besides protecting the recliner with some "blizzard" fleece, I completely covered the TV couch, the only piece of furniture that the dogs are allowed on. It's a bit much, but very practical.


I also covered the seats of the livingroom couch and loveseat. One of the cats already puked on one of those efforts (and the fleece washed up very nicely). And here is more proof that the cats are "using" the furniture covers.


Have a protective week.

No comments: