Monday, November 20, 2006

A Little Whine with Cheese

Is There a Hyphen in "Anal Retentive"?

I was way too whiny in knitting class on Saturday. The swallowtail shawl project has just about done me in. Last week I went through this grade school anxiety thing about not having my "homework" done (don't want to earn the teacher's disapproval) plus there rose the question of competency (apparently, I cannot even count) plus I was looking for someone to blame for my difficulties (they can't be my fault). I felt obsessed.

Then later in the day I realized I've been using the wrong size needles. Would you believe I started over? But this time I am trying to knit in relaxed, pleasant, positive thoughts instead of anger, angst, and frustration. The recipient should appreciate that.


You Lost It?!?

I knit a scarf and gave it to my SO. He snagged it on a nail, but fortunately it was not ripped and I was able to straighten out the stitches. He left it at Applebee's, but fortunately it turned up in their lost-and-found. It is now 150 miles away, at his daughter's home, left behind again.

I knit a pair of arm warmers and gave them to my SO. He lost one while hiking at Metea Park, but fortunately found it while retracing his steps the next day. It is mangled but hopefully not torn.

I knit a pair of dishcloths. If I give them to my SO, will they get lost, too? He says not, since the likelihood of their leaving the house is remote.

This is his MO - always leaving a bit of detritis behind, wherever he goes. Coins fall out of his pocket, his glasses disappear, the digital camera is on permanent leave. I think if I knit him anything else, it should include an I-cord so he can attach it to his person.

No comments: