Wednesday, November 15, 2006

WIP - Afghans

I learned to crochet before I learned to knit, and made many an afghan over the years, until everyone I knew had one or more. But I redecorated last year and my daughter moved into a new home this year, so I had excuses to crochet more afghans.

I started this one last winter, but it fell by the wayside. Handling the three colors is a pain.



I started this one a few months ago, with the idea of finishing it by Xmas, but I am not going to make it unless I shift into high gear and abandon all other projects for a while. The executing the pattern makes my wrists ache and the rows run lengthwise, so if I make an error, by the time I track it down, a lot of yarn has run through my fingers. Usually I am anal about correcting errors, but this one requires more wabi sabi.

No comments: