Wednesday, November 08, 2006

WIP - Sweet Cherries Blanket


The "Sweet Cherries" blanket pattern is free, from Lion Brand Yarn, and uses their Babysoft and Microspun yarns. It's all knit (no purl), so is a nice project for mindless knitting. I'm using the designated yarn and colors and needle size (circular 29").

The stripe pattern has an odd number of rows in it, which makes carrying colors along nearly impossible - I know because I tried (see first photo). This seemed like too much work, so I decided to change the pattern from 6, 1, 2, 2 to 6, 2, 2, 2.

Also, the cast-on row is in different colors than the first row's colors. I tried this out (again, see first photo) but did not like it.


I'm not too impressed with the Microspun. It feels soft but slick, and tangles and unravels easily. But both yarns are machine washable and dryable, a plus for anything that may be used by a baby. And judging from the finished size (30"x34"), this blanket is meant for a baby.

There are two other similar blankets: "Blue Lagoon" and "Tropical Treat". The stripe patterns for each of these three blankets varies.

No comments: