Thursday, November 02, 2006

WIP - Ladylike Lace Gloves

This crochet pattern was created by mk carrol and can be found in The Happy Hooker, a Stitch n Bitch book.

WARNING! If you decide to crochet these gloves, read the errata! The errors are more than typos.


I have been working (and reworking) these gloves for quite a while. Glove #1 became a practice glove. Glove #2 looked okay, but when I reached row 19.5 (see errata!) on glove #3, I realized I had not included this row on glove #2 (and it matters - see photo of gloves #2 and #3). Then when my daughter (the intended recipient) wrapped glove #2 around her hand to check the fit (I had not stitched the sides yet), it looked big. I checked the gauge (I know, you are supposed to do this first) and my stitches were way off. So last night I started over, with fresh yarn and a smaller crochet hook (E).

BTW, my LYS does not carry the sock yarn designated in the pattern, so I am using Fortissima Socka. This is my first time using sock yarn - it seems to shed.

No comments: