Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I Got Water!

And, not only do I have water, I have water pressure. I didn't think my water pressure was all that bad, but now the shower is positively bruising. And the toilet tank fills in a fraction of the time. And hot water gets to the nether regions of the house faster. And now I can get a new water heater.

It looks like I still have a job. The mantra from management had been, All development will be done offshore, but apparently they found some exceptions to that rule. Anything they decide not to offshore will probably land in our laps, and that's okay. But we will also be assigned some new tasks. In fact, we are moving upstairs at the end of the week, so we will be closer to our other customer base, R&D. While there are no guarantees, all this feels a bit more secure.

As for knitting, I wish I were a faster knitter. In general, I can devote only about two hours to knitting each day (more on weekends) and that makes me a bit reluctant to take on big projects, like sweaters, and even more reluctant to experiment with designs and stitches and yarns, as I don't want to knit myself into a corner that might result in massive frogging. Knitting is a process, and I enjoy the process, but I also like to have something to show for my efforts.

1 comment:

Kris said...

I know exactly how you feel about the knitting. They need to make the days a few hours longer just for knitters. And the sucky thing for me is that I can't even knit over the weekends because I've been having to work on Saturdays. :( Poo. But hopefully you'll be able to take on a large project soon enough!