Saturday, November 03, 2007

Multitaskability

While perusing a forum a while back, I was shocked, shocked I tell you, to discover that some people can knit while they read. And they weren't reading knitting patterns, either. I knit while "watching" professional football - I'm really just listening and watching replays - and if I pick up my knitting during a movie, it means the movie is really boring. But to be able to knit without looking? Impossible!

The more I hang out at knitting forums and blogs, the more I learn that this is not such a rare thing. In fact, some patterns are available in braille. Apparently, eyesight is not a requirement for knitting.

So, that is wish #3: that I could knit at least straight garter or stockinette without constantly watching what I am doing. Not only would I be able to do two things at once, this would be easier on my eyes since I have a tendency to hold my knitting right under my nose.

No comments: