Thursday, November 29, 2007

I Hate the Mall

I can't even remember the last time I was at the mall, but last night I was reminded on why I don't shop there. After sitting in my cube-shaped sensory deprivation chamber all day, the mall feels like a huge dose of sensory overload. And when did watch batteries get so expensive? And how in the world can one find a pair of wool pants amongst the racks and racks of women's clothing? And where did all these strange stores come from? It was overwhelming.

So I went home and furiously knit an inch on my sweater. Now that I sit in the coldest cubicle in the building, I have become aware that most of my sweaters are made of cotton. I need wool!

Today it is really windy, bitter gusts up to 35 mph. I wish we had better winter weather, and by "better winter weather" I mean less wind and more snow, and by "more snow" I mean enough snow that I can cross country ski more than two or three times a year.

No comments: