Thursday, November 01, 2007

NaBloPoMo (But Not)

It's National Blog Posting Month and I did not officially join, but decided it would be fun to try to post daily, and here I am, already cheating. I'm writing this on November 2, but I'm going to date it November 1. My excuse is, for most of this week, the Powers That Control Access to The Internet at Work have been blocking Blogger. Not that I spend a lot of time on the Internet at work....

Anyway, my theme for this month will be wishes, so we'll start with the obvious: I wish I would lose 30 pounds make healthy choices. One time I caught myselft saying, "I would do anything to lose weight" - well, anything except eat less and exercise more. I have been exercising more - power walking three times a week, plus walking the dog most mornings - and I feel stronger and more energetic. Now, if I could just make healthier choices re food. There is a lot of leftover Halloween candy laying around the office, but I think I have had my fill. We'll see if I can resist the donuts.

On the knitting front, the IU socks are done, except for the "IU" part. I happened to be near Joann's last night and I happened to have a 40% off coupon and they happened to have the same yarn in "true red" so I bought. Technically, IU's colors are not red and white but crimson and cream. I can tell the difference between white and cream, but not red and crimson, and I'm counting on no one else being able to, either.

No comments: